Increase the Visibility of Your ResearchMethods for increasing visibility vary by discipline.
- Include publications in an open repository so google will track when you've been cited:
- an Institutional Repository - such as the Digital Repository at the University of Maryland (DRUM) - and provide full-text of it (if publisher allows).
- a Subject Repository - such as AgEcon Search, arXiv.org, RePEc, SSRN, etc.
- Data & Text Repositories guide (Iowa State University)
- Sharing Detailed Research Data is Associated with Increased Citation Rates (PLOS ONE)
- Contact Research Data Services
play a vital role in researchers retrieving an article - especially for
indexes or search engines that do not have the full-text of the article
available. Be sure to identify numerous synonyms and use terms that you used in conducting your own literature review.
Source: Promotion & Tenure Resource Guide. Iowa State University. Authors: Jeff Alger, Jeff Kushkowski, and Lorrie Pellack. [Accessed June, 2014].
Increase the Visibility of Your Research - Bibliometrics and Altmetrics: Measuring the Impact of Knowledge - Guides for the UMD community at University of Maryland Libraries