Open Data Day 2020: data sharing in numbers
By Isabel Roth, Marketing Manager, Research DataAuthor: Guest contributor
Saturday 7 March 2020 is Open Data Day: an annual celebration of open data all over the world. We partnered with Digital Science and figshare on the fourth annual State of Open Data report, examining attitudes and experiences of researchers working with open data. Here are five things we learned:
1. 65% of researchers are curating their data for sharing.
2. 75% of researchers are willing to re-use open data in their research.
3. Increased research impact and visibility motivates 62% of researchers to share their data.
4. Credit is one of the top motivators for sharing data; but only 11% of researchers feel they receive sufficient credit for sharing data.
5. Misuse of data was the top concern about sharing data, cited by 36% of researchers.
Read more: download our infographic, or read the full State of Open Data report. More on this topic: Catch up on talks from researchers, funders, and experts in data sharing who contributed to our Better Science Through Better Data conference. Join our Research Data Community to keep up with the latest on data sharing. It’s a space for those working with research data to discuss ideas, find support, and share best practice. Author: Guest contributor