Promote Your Article
Using Social MediaOnline social media has affected the journals market profoundly, as users place a premium on active engagement with the scholarly community.
Journal content is not limited to text; it now includes video,
podcasts, images, datasets, photographs and maps. Multimedia content
aids discoverability of your research and allows users to engage with
your publication – it allows for a two-way conversation rather than
one-way communication. Users are increasingly searching across all types
of content for answers to their research. SAGE’s social media strategy
aims to increase the visibility of our journals by ensuring their
content is where the user wants to start their search and building on that visibility by encouraging users to engage with that content.
We have launched the following initiatives and will continue to build
on these. Should you have ideas and suggestions you want to explore
with social media please let us know! A list of suggestions is included
- SAGE Publishing channel on Twitter - the latest news and updates from across our global publishing programmes
- SAGE Publishing channel on Facebook - information about our products and services
- SAGE Publishing channel on LinkedIn - the latest news, insights and opportunities from SAGE.
SAGE Publishing channel on YouTube – hosts videos of interviews, lectures and discussions with SAGE authors, editors and societies
SAGE Publishing page on Slideshare – hosts SAGE product presentations and sample content
SAGE Publishing channel on Flickr – hosts photos from SAGE conferences and events
SAGE Connection blog – blog to keep our authors, editors and societies up-to-date with both industry and SAGE news
- SAGE Insight blog - blog that highlights new research with public and policy implications from our 900+journals.
SAGE Press Centre – press releases available in html and as a RSS feed
- Methodspace - the home of the Research Methods communitiy.
- Social Science Space - a community space to explore, share and shape the issues facing social scientists.
Spotlight on SAGE InsightSAGE Insight puts the spotlight on research published in our
journals. Both new and from our archives, the articles on SAGE Insight
provide a fresh perspective on major issues facing the public and policy
makers. We cover everything from crime to medical practices, from
psychology to education. As a SAGE journals author you can suggest your article for inclusion in SAGE Insight. For further information visit SAGE Insight.
SAGE Article Press Release SchemeA SAGE Article Press Release scheme is available on a case by case evaluation basis to raise the visibility of particular articles,
and highlight new and important research. We are interested in hearing
from you if you think your paper may be of interest to the media. If
accepted into the scheme SAGE will assign expert press release writers
with experience and knowledge of what catches the media’s attention to
create items for dissemination to the media.
A press-worthy paper should:
- Present new research, or add new information to previous research
- Appeal to a general as well as a specialist audience
- Have a message that can be explained in lay terms
- Reflect well on the research field, and the journal
Visit our Press Room to read our latest press releases!
Promote Your Article | SAGE Publications Ltd