Marketing your journal
A guide for Editors-in-Chief and Editorial BoardsSpringer's
marketing activities are aimed at increasing the global visibility of
your journal, to help attract and retain the loyalty of top authors in
the field and increase readership. To achieve these goals, we utilize a
multi-channel approach leveraging a mix of marketing tactics and
campaigns. Read more below or download this helpful informational poster!
journal's homepage on springer.com features key information including
the Aims and Scope, Editorial Board, instructions for authors, a direct
link for submission, Table-of-Contents Alert Sign-up, social media share
buttons and free access to sample articles. The homepage also contains a
downloadable pdf journal flyer available for emailing or printing.
homepage is optimized so that a researcher can easily find the journal
using common search engines like Google and that the journal's page
appears at the top of search results. Over sixty percent of our website
visitors come from search engines, underscoring the importance of
search engine optimization.
journal email campaigns and inclusion in relevant portfolio and
conference eNewsletters sent to thousands of researchers
- Online subject channels providing subject specific journal lists
campaigns featuring open access options, author benefits, top
downloaded/shared/cited articles and Impact Factor announcements to
authors, editors and researchers
- Campaigns surrounding topical world events, e.g. International Day of Happiness, International Women's Day, International Nelson Mandela Day etc. promoting topic related journal articles
ads on relevant discipline pages on both SpringerLink and springer.com,
highlighting overall journal awareness, special issues, key papers or
- Promotion of journal content via Springer's Social Media channels
- Indexing with all major search engines and Abstracting & Indexing (A&I) services
- Inclusion in Springer's display at relevant academic conferences - we attend more than 300 large scientific conferences per year
- Communication to subscription agencies and to libraries
- Inclusion in librarian's catalogs
is a powerful visualization and intelligence tool that can tell you:
what institutions your authors come from, who your most prolific authors
are, your article output over time, the keywords most used in your
articles… or use it to find (and locate!) other experts publishing in
- See the latest citations to your journal and get an up-to-date impression of how your publication has been received at citations.springer.com.
- Additionally, using data provided by Altmetric,
the number of social media shares for any given article is now
displayed on SpringerLink, showcasing the wider impact and influence of
to take the "pulse" of your journal's readers? We can conduct brief
surveys, promote new journal features or make announcements to
SpringerLink and Springer.com users of your journal! This service
presents a unique opportunity to understand your readers and influence
their behavior in real time! Learn more.
your colleagues to register for your journal's free Table-of-Contents
Alerts to ensure they receive your journal's latest updates. Include the
sign-up link in your journal's correspondence and ask the Editorial
Board to do the same
a conference or seminar? Print out copies of the journal flyer
(available on the journals homepage) or request from Springer a set of
business card sized "mini-flyers" featuring the journal cover,
editor(s)-in-chief and submission URL for you to solicit articles
your social media platforms to promote the journal; post links to
articles, announce special issues and engage in topical discussions. If
you are new to social media, read our information on different social media channels and sign up for our PostMe! service.
- Start blogging! Linking to your journal from your blog posts helps the journal's discoverability and search engine results.
- Inform us of forthcoming, high profile articles so we can appropriately highlight them to readers
Marketing your journal