Disambiguation Solution for Persons’ Accounts in Research Information Management Systems
trivial task in software engineering when a passport number or email
addresses are available, is a challenge when users’ data cannot be
stored or an email has been changed or shared. In particularly, it is a
challenge in research management systems that aggregate recent academic
articles, patents, data sets, and other findings and provide a link to
their authors. Methods/Analysis: To achieve the project objectives, the
authors have reviewed corresponding solutions providing the
classification for author disambiguation methods and using the
comparative analysis. In addition, they have calculated sensitivity for
the process of person identification to the estimated amount of manual
work on disambiguation. Findings: This paper proposes the approach and
algorithms, which together are a solution for the personal
identification process to ensure duplicate elimination. Novelty of the
Study: The approach is suitable for systems with shared emails or user
Information Systems (CRIS), Duplicate Detection, Identity Management,
Master Data Management (MDM), Person Disambiguation, Research
Information Management, User Accounting.
- Scopus Abstract and Citation Database of Peer-reviewed
Literature. Date accessed: 02/07/2016 Available from:
- MEDLINE. Journal Citations and Abstracts Database for
Biomedical Literature. Date accessed: 10/07/2016. Available from:
- eRA Commons. A Program of National Institutes of
Health. Date accessed: 02/07/2016. Available from:
- Joint N. Current Research Information Systems, Open
Access Repositories and Libraries: ANTAEUS. Library Review. 2008;
- Euro CRIS. Why does one need a CRIS? Date accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from: http://www.eurocris.org/why-does-one-need-cris
- FCNTP SSTP System. Short Guidelines on Registration
Procedure and Work in System. Date accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- Xiaoxin Y, Jiawei H, Yu PS. Object Distinction:
Distinguishing Objects with Identical Names. Proceedings of
International Conference on Data Engineering, 2007, p. 124146.
- Torvik VI, Weeber M, Swanson DR, Smalheiser NR. A
Probabilistic Similarity Metric for MEDLINE Records: A Model for Author
Name Disambiguation, 2003.
- Shaun J. Grannis, Overhage JD, McDonald CJ. Analysis
of identifier performance using a deterministic linkage algorithm. Proc.
AMIA Symp., 2002, p. 30509.
- Weiler H. Authormagic A Concept for Author Disambiguation in Large-Scale Digital Libraries, 2012.
- Vetel I. Torvik. Author Name Disambiguation in MEDLINE. ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data. 2009; 3(3).
- Soler JM. Separating the Articles of Authors with the Same Name. Scientometrics. 2007; 72(2):28190.
- Afonin SA, et al. ISTINA Intelligent System for
Subject Research of Scientific and Technical Information). Moscow
University Press, 2014.
- De Carvalho AP, Ferreira AA, Laender AHF, Gonçalves
MA. Incremental Unsupervised Name Disambiguation in Cleaned Digital
Libraries. Journal of Information and Data Management. 2011;
- Li Y, Wen A, Lin Q, Li R, Lu Z, Wang H, Qian T.
Incorporating User Feedback into Name Disambiguation of Scientific
Cooperation Network. Web-Age Information Management. Lecture Notes in
Computer Science. 2011; 6897:45466.
- Elliott S. Survey of Author Name Disambiguation: 2004
to 2010. Library Philosophy and Practice. Date accessed: 15/09/2016.
Available from: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/473
- Mazov N, Gureev V. Problems of Identification of
Metadata in Scientometric Databases WoK, Scopus and Russian SCI as
Exemplified by Authors’ Profiles. Libraries and Information Resources in
the Modern World of Science, Culture, Education, and Business.
Proceedings 19th Anniversary International Conference ‘Crimea, 2012, p.
AA, Salehi H, Yunus Md. MM, Farhadi H, Fooladi M, Farhadi M, Ale
Ebrahim N. A Comparison between two Main Academic Literature
Collections: Web of Science and Scopus Databases. Asian Social Science.
- Cucerzan S. Large-scale Named Entity Disambiguation
Based on Wikipedia Data. Proceedings of 2007 Joint Conference on
Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing and Computational
Natural Language Learning, 2007 Jun, p. 70816.
- Delgado AD, Martínez R, Fresno V, Montalvo S. An
Unsupervised Algorithm for Person Name Disambiguation in the Web.
Procesamiento de Lenguaje Natural, 2014; 53:518.
- Scopus Feedback. Use the Scopus Author Feedback Wizard
to Collect All Your Scopus Records in One Unique Author Profile. Date
accessed: 10/07/2016. Available from: http://www.scopusfeedback.com
- Feedback and Support for ORCID. What if I Have Two
ORCID IDs? Date accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- Zendesk. Help Desk Software and Ticket Management
System. Date accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- Haak L. ORCID. Managing Duplicate ORCID iDs. Date
accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- eLIBRARY. Russian Science Citation Index. Date accessed: 01/07/2016. Available from: http://elibrary.ru/rsci_about.asp
- Facebook. I Have Two Accounts. Can I Merge Them? Date
accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- Salesforce. Guidelines and Considerations for Merging
Duplicate Accounts. Date accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- Intuit. Merging Duplicate Employees in QuickBooks.
Date accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- Hurst Ph. The Royal Society. From January You’ll Need
an ORCID. 2015 Dec 7. Date accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- Taylor & Francis Group. Trialling ORCID: What, Why
and How. Date accessed: 15/09/2016. Available from:
- Sogani D. Understanding Master Data Management (MDM).
Date accessed: 10/07/2016. Available from:
- Verma A, Kaur I, Arora N. Comparative Analysis of
Information Extraction Techniques for Data Mining. Indian Journal of
Science and Technology. 2016; 9(11):118.
- Jeong YS. Parallel Processing Scheme for Minimizing
Computational and Communication Cost of Bioinformatics Data. Indian
Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(15):18.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
Disambiguation Solution for Persons’ Accounts in Research Information Management Systems | Sedelnikov | Indian Journal of Science and Technology