- French digital archive providing free
access to full-text papers in the domain of information and
communication science [bilingual site in English/French].
- An Open Archives Initiative (OAI)
compliant archive of electronic preprints in physics, mathematics,
computer science, and non-linear sciences. Created by Paul Ginsparg in
1991, it is one of the oldest archives of free online scholarship.
Bergen Open Research Archive (BORA)
- Digital repository of a research
institutions in Norway. Includes full-text peer-reviewed journal
reprints, theses, dissertations and other academic research materials.
Caltech Computer Science Technical Reports
- Electronic archive of freely downloadable full-text technical reports in PDF format.
Caltech Earthquake Engineering Research Laboratory
- Archive of freely downloadable
technical reports from several labs in the domain of earth sciences at
Caltech Library System Papers and Publications
- Eprint repository of academic papers in the field of library and information science.
Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science
- Preprints by members and visiting
researchers of the CLE, a research institute at the University of
CERN Document Server: Articles and Preprints
- Collection aiming to cover the
published and pre-published literature in particle physics and its
related technologies. The collection includes over 900,000 documents,
many of which have full-text access.
- Autonomously creates citation indexes
of scientific literature. Generates citation statistics and allows easy
browsing of the context of citations. Texts freely available in PDF, PS,
- Makes preprints and reprints of papers
in all areas of the cognitive sciences freely available on-line.
Authors can deposit their work in the archive after a (free)
Collection on Critical Global Issues
- Full-text access to publications in
the fields of agriculture and land management, development, environment
and sustainability, food and nutrition, natural resource development,
science and technology.
Cryptology Eprint Archive
- Provides access to author-submitted research papers in cryptology.
Department of Energy Information Bridge
- Full-text research and development
reports in physics, chemistry, materials, biology, environmental
sciences, energy technologies, engineering, computer and information
science, renewable energy, and other topics.
Digital Library and Archives - Virginia Tech
- Open Archive Initiative (OAI)
compliant digital repository. E-journals, electronic theses and
dissertations, faculty archives.
Digital Library of Information Science and Technology
- (DLIST) Developed by the School of
Information Resources and Library Science and the Arizona Health
Sciences Library at the University of Arizona using Open Archives
Initiative (OAI) compliant Eprints v.2 software.
The Digital Library of the Commons
- Gateway to the international
literature on the commons, this working paper archive provides access to
author-submitted papers, as well as full-text conference papers,
dissertations, working pre-prints and reports.
- Institutional Repository of the
Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). Contains the research output
produced by CSIC scientists including articles, pre-prints,
communications, theses, patents and technical reports. [Spanish/English]
- Centralized archive of a joint group
of Scandinavian universities. Includes full-text theses, dissertations
and other academic publications.
Document and Publication Server of the Humboldt University of Berlin
- Provides free access to publications,
theses and dissertations, electronic e-print journals. [English and
Electronic Publications of the WU-Wien
- Electronic archive providing full-text
access to working papers and dissertations of the Vienna University of
Economics and Business Administration.
Elektronische Bibliothek der Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Bremen
- Digital archive providing full-text access to papers, theses and dissertations in PDF format.
EPrints in Library and Information Science
- E-LIS is an open access archive to
deposit preprints, postprints and other documents in the field of
library and information science in electronic format.
- Repository of the University of
California, U.S., offering a broad range of e-books, journals and
peer-reviewed scientific documents. Includes submission guidelines,
editing assistance and FAQs.
- Search and download thousands of English-language university essays from Sweden.
- Provides free access to over 20,000
military, DoD, Federal, NASA, DOE and Government specifications,
standards, handbooks and publications.
Fourth International Symposium on Cavitation
- (CAV 2001) Proceedings of the
symposium, downloadable from this electronic repository hosted by the
Caltech Library System.
Free Full-Text Science Archives
- A directory with annotated links to institutional full-text scientific archives.
- Division of the Stanford University
Libraries producing online versions of peer-reviewed journals and
Institut Nicod Eprints Archive
- Online research papers in philosophy,
sociology and cognitive science of the Jean Nicod Institute's members.
IOWA University - Computer Science Technical Reports
- Digital repository of full-text technical reports downloadable in multiple formats.
MIT Theses: Science, Technology, and Society
- Searchable collection of selected MIT master's and doctoral theses available online.
NASA Astrophysic Data System
- Free online abstracts and full-text
papers in astronomy, astrophysics, planetary sciences, and solar
- An experimental project to investigate
the institutional use of eprints services at the University of
Nottingham. Browsable and searchable digital archives of several
research units and departments.
NUI Maynooth Eprint Archive
- The National University of Ireland
Maynooth's pilot electronic print project is intended to act as a
central repository for the research output of NUI Maynooth academic
staff and departments.
- Gives access to a large number of
eprints archives and electronic resources and through the OAI harvesting
protocol reveals digital resources previously "hidden" from users
behind web scripts.
- Open access archive for papers related to research in organic agriculture.
- An electronic archive for preprints in the philosophy of science.
- Site for hosting individual academic
publications lists and papers with links to self archived full text
PDFs. Indexed by author. Free for students, subscription for staff.
- Eprints archive of the International
School for Advanced Studies. Online papers in physical sciences and
mathematics, electronic journals and databases.
- Publication database with search
engine from the Katholieke university, Netherlands. Includes books,
papers, reports and theses on different scientific topics.
Surrey Scholarship Online
- Open access online repository
containing the full text of scholarly papers produced by members of the
University of Surrey including peer-reviewed, published journal articles
and conference papers.
University of Trento Eprints archive
- A digital repository (OAI compliant)
of full-text scientific publications produced by professors and
researchers of the University of Trento, Italy.
Uppsala University Publications
- Full-text working papers and research reports in PDF format.
US Department of Energy - Energy, Science, and Technology Preprints
- Searchable gateway to preprint servers
that deal with scientific and technical disciplines such as physics,
materials, chemistry, biology, environmental sciences, and nuclear
medicine, related to the activity of the department.
Virginia Tech - Electronic Theses
- Searchable and browsable digital archive of theses and dissertations.
Warsaw University of Technology
- Institutional repository of the
Department of Electrical Engineering. Contains full-text papers,
articles, preprints, theses and teaching materials.
DMOZ - Science: Publications: Archives: Free Access Online Archives