What is a Researcher Profile?
researcher profile is an individual Internet profile that provides a
user firendly and efficient way of showcasing your work.
Why create Researcher Profile?Unique author identifiers are useful for the following reasons:
- Researchers want to find potential collaborators, and want an easier way to get credit for their scholarly activities
- Institutions want to collect, showcase and evaluate the scholarly activities of their faculty
- Publishers want to simplify the publishing workflow, including peer review
- Funding organizations want to simplify the grant submission workflow and want to track what happened to the research they funded
- Scholarly societies want an easier way to track the achievements of their members
How does a Researcher Profile help youIn
an increasingly competitive research and scholarship environment, how do
you distinguish yourself from someone? If your institutional
affiliation and/or contact information changes, how is the link between
you and your scholarly work maintained? The solution is creating a
A profile pulls all your research and publications together in one place,
mitigating common problems that often arise in searching. Such
problems can include variations in authors' names or difficulty in
narrowing a search down easily when an author has a common name.
If a researcher has worked with multiple granting agencies, research
groups, or institutions, a research profile will also make their
research easier to find.
Researcher Profile Tools
- ORCID (Open
Researcher & Contributor ID) is an open, non-profit,
community-based effort to create and maintain a registry of
unique researcher identifiers. The ORCID Registry is available free of
charge to individuals, who may obtain an ORCID, manage their record of
activities, and search for others in the Registry. Researchers can
import their existing publications indexed in Web of Science and Scopus
to their ORCID ID via the "Import Research Activities" link in their
- Google Scholar
Click on My Citations to set up an account and collect all your publications appearing in Google Scholar into your account.
Researcher Profile - Research Impact Factors - Library Guides at University of Canberra