- Is there an ISSN or DOI? Publishers whose sole purpose is to scam people to make more money do not have standard identifiers, like DOIs or ISSNs.
- Is the journal charging an Article Processing Charge? And
is it transparent about it? All reputed journals, even if they charge
APS, will reveal the chargeable amount beforehand on their website.
- Does it have a good online presence? Not a necessary but a good indicator.
- Is the journal indexed in well known indexes like SCOPUS, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), ISI (Web of Science) etc.?
- What is the impact factor? Check out Scimago journal rank, gives you an idea on how good a particular journal is
- Is there a peer-review process? Not a necessity, but good journals have a peer review process, that helps improve your paper quality.
- What’s the acceptance rate?
About the Author
Building a product that is changing the world
Harish Ven's answer to How do you choose a journal for your research article? - Quora