|Maximise your impact
Improve the visibility of your research
your research available to the widest possible audience and improve the
discoverability of your material by adopting one or more of the
- Remove journal subscription cost barriers so material is freely available online.
- For example, publish in open access journals or deposit in the institutional repository IOE ePrints
many traditional barriers to reach the general public by using social
media sites such as Twitter, FaceBook and by blogging (see IOE LibGuide on Social Media for Researchers for instructions on how to get started)
- Receive rapid feedback and make new connections from these sites
- Measure and track social media impact and changes to real-world practice
- Create a clear, descriptive titles which includes the key words
- Reiterate the key words or phrases from the title within the abstract itself to optimise search results
- Choose journals that are indexed in a wide number of databases
- Blog about your research keeping in mind a more general audience - you are writing now for the lay public.
Build an online profile
increasing your profile, your contacts and personal impact, you can
increase your success rate in the competitive environment of academia.